Benefits of Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic medicine seeks to engage the body’s own healing capacity to restore health and vitality by identifying the unique causes of your specific disorder and treating it with supplementation, lifestyle changes and natural medicines. As a partner on your journey to health, Dr. Nyarai’s goal is to enhance your health and lifestyle, as well as to prevent future health imbalances. Grounded in patient-centered and personalized care, where you as the whole person and not just your isolated set of symptoms is addressed, Nyarai Paweni, ND focuses on practice and prevention.
The practice of naturopathic medicine is a comprehensive and advanced system of supporting the body that draws upon a wide range of therapeutic systems. These systems include clinical nutrition, stress management, homeopathy, botanical medicine, hydrotherapy and environmental medicine. Naturopathic treatments are designed to complement conventional medicines, thus Dr. Nyarai welcomes collaboration with your health practitioners to ensure your care is well-rounded.
Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by the principles that underlie and determine its practice. Methods used are chosen upon the basis of patient's individuality. Naturopathic practitioners work to restore balance in a gentle and effective way, minimizing the potential for side effects. The aim of the naturopathic physician is always to respect and support the body's ability to heal itself.
Aimed at improving health and wellness by addressing disease, it is the art, science, philosophy and practice of treating and prevention, using natural therapies and natural medicines. Naturopathic Medicine is rooted in the following Six Fundamental Healing Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
● First, to do no harm by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
● To treat the causes of disease by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
● To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging
individual responsibility for health.
● To heal the whole person through individualized treatment by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic,
environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
● To emphasize prevention by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain
health and prevent illness.
● To support the healing power of the body by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body’s inherent ability to self-healing.